What is a community?
A Community is a group of people with common territory, interaction, and culture.
The most defining element of a community is its culture. Culture refers to the language, values, beliefs, behavior, cuisine and material objects that constitute a people’s way of life.
What is community development?
Community development is an ongoing and never ending process whereby the members of the community come
together to take collective action to bring out solutions to common problems. Community wellbeing (economic, social, environmental and cultural) often evolves from this type of collective action being taken at a grassroots level.
How are we making an effort towards community development?
The modus operandi adopted by us is a bit indirect in some cases and direct in some of the cases. The ways we are following can be summarized as :
- ● Promoting the efforts of those who are working for the social wellbeing of the people of kumaon. There are many Genuine Personalities who are making commendable efforts.
- ● Taking care of the Health of the Society by our Yoga, Meditation and Wellness programs.
- ● By organizing the Training and Development program of "How to grow organic food and vegetables".
- ● By organizing the Training on "Kumaoni Aipan Art".
- ● Providing training to young blood to create their own job opportunities through the resources available in kumaon region, so as to restrain migration.
- ● Organizing Kumaoni food festivals in order to let people lavish our traditional cuisine.
Who are the Personalities, who are making a difference?
The Genuine Personalities whom we want to throw light on, from our platform or whom we identify and associate with are..
- ● Mr Akash Bhardwaj founder of KHAAS Travel Agency , World’s first ever Travel Company run by Visually Impaired.
- ● Ms Kritika Pandey, Traditional Aipan Artist and Trainer.
- ● Mr Jeevan Verma of Rural Organisation of Social Elevation.
- ● Miss Divya Rawat popularly known as The Mushroom Lady of Uttarakhand.
- ● Mr Abhay Sharma & Mr Yash Bhandari of Pahari House.
- ● Mr Manohar Singh Manral, Chief Patron of Palwalgarh Prakriti Prahari.